Spain visa is in great demand among tourists who plan to visit Europe since Spain has beautiful sunny climate compared to most of the other European destinations. As per the statistics, As of 2016 over 1.5 million Schengen visa application was received and out of which only 1.4 million visas were granted with the second-highest visa rejection rate of 8.6 %.
This post will help you understand all the Spain Schengen visa requirements and makes sure that you get your visa in the shortest time possible without the financial risk.
Schengen Short stay visas include Spain tourist visa, Spain business visa, Spain short-stay visits by relatives and friends of EU nationals.
What is Spain Schengen visa? How to Apply for Spain visa?
Spain Schengen visa is a special kind of visa which allows you to travel among all the Schengen countries including Spain for a maximum period of up to 90 days. This is a traveller’s dream where one visa you can travel to any country mentioned below.
Want temporary flight, hotel or insurance for your Spain Schengen visa appointment ?
Are you sure you need to apply at the Spain visa consulate?
Based on the above information, you can know for sure if you need to apply with Spanish consulate for your visa
How to apply for Spain Schengen visa?
If you are travelling to more than 1 schengen country, you need to know which consulate you need to apply for your Schengen visa.
Get an appointment with that Spain consulate (Need help in getting an appointment for Spain Schengen visa?)
Fill the application form for Spain Schengen visa.
Collect all the documents required for your Spain Schengen visa.
Appear at the VFS office or directly at the Spanish consulate on your appointment date and submit your documents & biometrics(fingerprints).
Do US permanent Residents need a visa to visit Spain?
Yes, Is it compulsory to get a Spain Schengen Visa for US permanent residents to visit Spain.
How to apply for Spain Schengen Visa from UK?
Where and How to Apply for a Schengen Visa in Toronto, Canada?
If you are resided in Canada and planning to visit Spain, then you need to apply for a Spain Schengen visa from Canada.
What is Spain Schengen visa fees?
If you are applying with VFS, then there is a processing fee of €20 that you will need to pay with VFS
But there are other alternate costs for Schengen visa especially if you do not want to make flight & hotel bookings in advance since you are not guaranteed of visa. Below is our total cost for Spain Schengen visa
Documents required to apply for Spain Schengen short-stay visa
- Spain visa application form (duly filled with course.)
- A Covering letter (containing your travel itinerary and plan)
- Travel insurance policy
- Travel itineraries (Either a flight ticket or flight reservation)
- Financial Proof (About 70 Euros for every day you stay in Spain)
- Authorization Letter (This could be a no object letter/leave approval letter from your employer)
Spain visa update: Since Nov 2014, When applying for Spain visa, it is mandatory to fill in the Spain visa document checklist for applying for a visa in Spanish embassy. This has to be duly filled and submitted along with your visa application.
Duly filled Spain Schengen visa application form – Need help with filling the Spain visa application form? You can download the ebook by clicking the image above which contains step by step video instructions to fill your Schengen visa.
Passport with at least two blank pages and valid for at least three months. If you have an old passport, then even that needs to be submitted along with the application. If you are a minor then the application must be filled and signed by both the parents along with photocopies of parent’s passports.
Two photographs as per the spec mentioned by photo specification for visa application.
Personal Covering letter from the applicant explaining in detail the purpose of the visit. This needs to explain in detail your entire travel itinerary, all the documents that you have submitted in order addressing the Embassy in your area.
A confirmed Flight itinerary or reservation for Schengen visa Flight itinerary is a safer way of submitting a visa application without buying an actual flight ticket which can prove to be expensive if your visa is refused.
Proof of accommodation such as hotel bookings We would not suggest you to make your hotel reservations before your visa is approved. We have seen many customers who make all the bookings thinking they can cancel them once they get their visa only for the visa process to be delayed resulting in huge cancellation fees.
Proof of sustenance (either as bank statements travel cards, credit cards) to show that you can sustain yourself financially when you are in Europe.
If your parents are sponsoring your trip, then you will need to show their bank statements along with a letter stating that they are sponsoring your entire trip and sign on all then bank statements.
If you are employed:
- Employment contract or your latest 4 months salary slips.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No objection/Leave permission letter from employer (download template from ebook).
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
If you are self-employed/running a business:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If you are a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university (also from parents)
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
Other then the above general documents, depending on your purpose of visit a few additional documents should be obtained
Applying for Spain Schengen tourist/visit visa?
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor. A letter signed and approved by a local town hall or any other competent government.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Applying for Spain Schengen business visa?
- Invitation letter from the company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit and your plans if any
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel download template from ebook)
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Company registration proofs
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
FAQ – On Spain Schengen visa
Which is the best country to apply for Spain Schengen visa?
Most of our customers unanimously agree that German consulate is the easiest to apply for Schengen visa among all countries. In fact, if you are applying for a tourist visa in German counter at VFS, you don’t even have to attend for the interview at the German consulate.
Compare that with Belgian or France where you will need to provide Biometric scans, other additional documents and the need to attend an interview. Germany is the recommended consul to apply for a Schengen visa.
Will all Schengen visas be granted for 90 days?
No, a Schengen tourist visa is not granted for 90 days, you will get visa only for the number of days that you present in your travel itinerary and your flight & hotel bookings. See the sample attached below. The visa is granted for 15 days mentioned in the dates. If you want you can add some flexibility by adding 10 days to your itinerary. You can do this by using our flight +hotel plan
How long does it take to get my Spain visa?
It usually takes about a week. But it depends on how busy the consulate is so it is better to apply for a visa at least one month in advance
What questions might be asked during my Spain visa interview?
- Who will pay for your visit?
- Are you married? If yes, what does your spouse do? For how long have been married?
- Do you have any children? If yes, how old are they, what do they do and where are they?
- Do you have any close family or friends in the Schengen area.? If yes, when did you meet the last time?
- Where do you stay?
- What is your educational qualification?
- How will you travel from one place to another?
- How do you guarantee me that you will come back?
- Which company do you work for?
- What does your company do?
- What is your profession?
- What is your role in the company?
- How many years of total experience you have?
- For how long are you employed with your current employer?
- For how long were you employed with your previous employer?
- Could you please show me your company profile and tax returns?
- How many employees are there in your company?
- Explain your current project to me.
That is it. Once your interview is over, your visa will be sent to you either through mail along with your passport. That is it. You are now ready to embark on your visa journey.
Why should I take the flight &hotel from you?
Because we are the best in this business. We have been in operation from the past 5 years and in those years we have processed over 100,000 orders such as yours. Here is a screenshot of our sales this month alone
But the interesting part is over 50% of our customers are referred by previous customers
Do I have to purchase the same ticket from you once my visa is approved or can I make my own bookings?
Once you get your visa you can make your own bookings and no need to worry about the bookings you make with us. You are free to make your own plans. we will handle all the cancellation charges and you will not need to pay anything extra.
Can I see a sample flight itinerary and hotel bookings?
Can I make changes once I place the order?
Yes 100%. Each purchase on travelvisabookings will be given a minimum of 3 changes. If you have made a mistake in your order or want to change your travel plan, then drop us an email and we will make the changes for you
Can I add more traveller names in my itinerary?
Yes 100%. For a small fee, you can add your co-traveller’s names in your plan. Also, as a policy, we will add children below 15 years in your order for free !!
How can travelvisabookings.com book a flight ticket without paying for them?
We can pre-book confirmations because we are registered, travel agents. We can pre-book up to 100 flight tickets and hotel reservations a day. We have 5 such offices worldwide. So we have a limit of 500 bookings per day. We more often reach this limit every day. So if you are in a hurry, please book them as soon as you can.