The documents needed for Schengen visa is not much different from many other countries, Schengen visa documents include the standard documents such as passport, flight tickets or itineraries, hotel reservations etc.
- Duly filled a Schengen visa application form. This needs to be filled in blue ink and signed by the applicant. Make sure that you have filled the visa application with all the required information. You can now fill the entire Schengen visa application online and take a print out of it. See our blog post on how to fill your Schengen visa application online.
- Passport with at least two blank pages and valid for at least three months from the visa application date is mandatory
- Two photographs as per the spec mentioned by photo specification for Schengen visa application
- Personal Covering letter from the applicant, explaining in detail the purpose of the visit.
Update : It is now mandatory to get COVID Insurance when you travel Abroad. Click the below link to get your COVID Insurance at cost price.
Want temporary flight, hotel or insurance for your Spain Schengen visa appointment?
- A medical insurance with a minimum cover of €30,000. There are of course, many websites online that can provide you with insurance. But keep in mind that these companies are insurance agents and it is in their interest to sell you the most expensive insurance. See our article to get the best travel insurance for Schengengen visa requirement.
- A confirmed Flight itinerary or reservation for Schengen visa from a travel agent. A flight ticket need not be booked in advance for a visa. Once the visa is confirmed then a flight ticket may be purchased. Flight itinerary is a safer way of submitting a visa application without buying an actual flight ticket which is expensive if your visa is refused. In fact, the European union visa requirements for visa states the same as per the official document.
Your travel itinerary : you MUST BOOK your airline ticket but do not purchase until the visa has been approved.
We recommend that you do not purchase travel tickets until your visa has been approved. On the other hand, you may provide us with a reservation, a planned itinerary or an online printout of a roundtrip ticket.
Travel reservation to and from schengen area, not a ticket. Note: Make travel reservation which you can cancel
Flight (roundtrip)/travel reservations and full itinerary (if several Schengen States will be visited or if the trip covers several Schengen States and non-Schengen countries) with the name of passenger and one copy
Round trip ticket/reservation, originating in this jurisdiction to Europe (and ultimately to Italy) and back, including internal entry and exit points of travel i.e. EURORAIL tickets, car rental, internal flights. The names on reservations have to reflect the names on passports.
We can provide you with flight itineraries which is accepted by not only for Schengen visa but for all visas. We have customers using the same flight itinerary for Malaysia visa, Singapore visa, India visa, UK visa etc.
In fact the European union visa requirements for visa states the same.
As per the official document,
Round trip reservation or itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Schengen state.Schengen authorities accept the itinerary when applying for the visa but request the original air ticket when visa is collected.
That is why we have a 100% visa acceptance rate although some of our customer have been requested to provide “additional documents”, none of their visa has been rejected for providing fake documents. With 80% of our customers being return customers or companies that process visas for their employees/clients, our approach is the best approach if you want to ensure the safety of your visa.
This is our orders screen for this month. Most of the orders have been placed by repeat customers.
The best part about our service is along with getting a flight reservation without payment, you can also get confirmed hotel bookings, personal cover letter, leave/no objection letter for your visa consulates.
Round trip reservation or itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Schengen state. Some Schengen authorities accept the itinerary when applying for the visa but request the original air ticket when a visa is collected.
- Hotel booking, hostel reservations for Schengen visa, Or any other country that you are planning to stay. So you will need to make all the hotel bookings and reservations before you leave. Again you can use an online travel agent to make hotel reservations for visa applications for you without you having to swipe your card. This may not seem important but when you factor in all the currency conversions, filling up each and every form and HUGE cancellation fee if you can’t make it to one place then it is always reasonable to get it done through online agents. An added benefit is most of the travel agents charge you about $50 for the entire trip and not for each and every booking, which is a bargain when you factor in currency conversion charges. Read our post about hotel booking for a visa here.
If you are employed:
- Employment contract or your latest 4 months salary slips.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from the employer . You can download a sample of it from our website.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
Schengen Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Schengen country citizen:
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Proof of enrollment
If you are self-employed:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If you are a student:
- Proof of Schengen country citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Netherland nationality or naturalisation order)
- Schengen country marriage certificate
- Schengen country family record book
Now that you have all the required documents in place, it’s time to prepare for your interview. The interview could be brief or could be elaborate based on your application. You may at anytime be asked to produce additional documents so keep them ready. The interviewers have boring jobs so make their jobs easier. Dress decently and be confident. I suggest you split all your relevant documents into the following:
- Passport and personal IDs such as PAN card, marriage certificates.
- Employment-related documents such as salary, proof of employment.
- Tickets, itineraries, travel insurance and travel-related documents.
This makes it easier for you to produce them when asked and not fiddle with your content.
As mentioned above, while attending for your Schengen visa interview please revise all the documents that you have submitted. There will be questions asked about them.
Some of the questions that your interviewer may ask you during your visa application:
- Who will pay for your visit?
- Are you married? If yes, what does your spouse do? For how long have you been married?
- Do you have any children? If yes, how old are they, what do they do and where are they?
- Do you have any close family or friends in the Schengen area.? If yes, when did you meet the last time?
- Where do you stay?
- What is your educational qualification?
- How will you travel from one place to another?
- How do you guarantee me that you will come back?
- Which company do you work for?
- What does your company do?
- What is your profession?
- What is your role in the company?
- How many years of total experience you have?
- For how long are you employed with your current employer?
- For how long were you employed with your previous employer?
- Could you please show me your company profile and tax returns?
- How many employees are there in your company?
- Explain your current project to me.
For more information on the visa application process, you can visit the vfs.com websites in your country.