Germany Schengen visa has been in great demand being a Western European country with a terrain of vast forests, rivers and mountain ranges, and 2 millennia of history.
As per the statistics in 2016, almost 2 million Schengen visa application for Germany was received and out of which only 1.8 million visas were approved with a rejection rate of a whopping 6 %, One of the highest rejection rates.
This post will help you understand all the Schengen visa requirements for Germany and makes sure that you get your visa in the shortest time possible without the financial risk.
Schengen Short stay visas include Germany tourist visa, Germany business visa, Germany short-stay visits by relatives and friends of EU nationals.
What is the Germany Schengen visa?
Germany Schengen visa is a special kind of visa which allows you to travel among all the Schengen countries including Germany for a maximum period of up to 90 days. This is a traveler’s dream where with one visa you can travel to any country mentioned below.
What are the foremost steps to consider while applying for a Schengen visa?
Confirm that your citizenship needs you to get a Schengen visa. Many countries can visit Europe without a visa.
Book an online visa appointment for your Switzerland Schengen visa? ( Get Schengen visa appointment for $ 10 )
Do you have all your original documents for the consulate to examine during your visa application process?
Make sure to be present at the consulate on your confirmed visa appointment date to get your Schengen visa processed.
Want temporary flight, hotel or insurance for your Schengen visa appointment?
Are you sure you need to apply at the Germany visa consulate?
Based on the above information, You can know for sure if you need to apply with Germany consulate for your visa
What is Germany Schengen visa fees?
If you are applying with VFS, then there is a processing fee of €20 that you will need to pay with VFS
But there are other alternate costs for Schengen visa especially if you do not want to make flight & hotel bookings in advance since you are not guaranteed of visa. Below is our total cost for Germany Schengen visa
Documents required to apply for Schengen short-stay visa
Duly filled Schengen visa application form – Need help with filling the application form? You can download the ebook by clicking the image above which contains step by step video instructions to fill your Schengen visa.
A confirmed Flight itinerary or reservation for Schengen visa Flight itinerary is a safer way of submitting a visa application without buying an actual flight ticket which can prove to be expensive if your visa is refused.
Proof of accommodation such as hotel bookings We would not suggest you to make your hotel reservations before your visa is approved. We have seen many customers who make all the bookings thinking they can cancel them once they get their visa only for the visa process to be delayed resulting in huge cancellation fees.
Passport with at least two blank pages and valid for at least three months.If you have an old passport, then even that needs to be submitted along with the application.If you are a minor then the application must be filled and signed by both the parents along with photo copies of parent’s passports.
Two photographs as per the spec mentioned by photo specification for visa application.
Personal Covering letter from the applicant explaining in detail the purpose of the visit.This needs to explain in detail your entire travel itinerary, all the documents that you have submitted in order addressing the Embassy in your area.
A medical insurance with a minimum cover of € 30,000. See our article to get the best travel insurance for Schengen visa
Proof of sustenance (either as bank statements travel cards, credit cards) to show that you can sustain yourself financially when you are in Europe. If your parents are sponsoring your trip, then you will need to show their bank statements along with a letter stating that they are sponsoring your entire trip and sign on all then bank statements.
If you are employed:
- Employment contract or your latest 4 months salary slips.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No objection/Leave permission letter from employer (download template from ebook).
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
If you are self-employed/running a business:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If you are a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from the school or university (also from parents)
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
Other then the above general documents, depending on your purpose of visit a few additional documents should be obtained
Applying for Germany Schengen tourist/visit visa?
Documents required to apply for Germany Schengen Tourist visa are
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor. A letter signed and approved by local town hall or any other competent government.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Applying for Germany Schengen business visa?
Documents required to apply for Germany Schengen business visa are
- Invitation letter from the company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit and your plans if any
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel download template from ebook)
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Company registration proofs
Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
FAQ – On Schengen visa
Which is the best country to apply for a Schengen visa?
Most of our customers unanimously agree that German consulate is the easiest to apply for Schengen visa among all countries. In fact, if you are applying for the tourist visa in German counter at VFS, you don’t even have to attend for the interview at the German consulate.
Compare that with Belgian or France where you will need to provide Biometric scans, other additional documents and the need to attend an interview. Germany is the recommended consul to apply for a Schengen visa.
Will all Schengen visas be granted for 90 days?
No, the Schengen tourist visa is not granted for 90 days, you will get the visa only for the number of days that you present in your travel itinerary and your flight & hotel bookings. See the sample attached below. The visa is granted for 15 days mentioned in the dates. If you want you can add some flexibility by adding 10 days to your itinerary. You can do this by using our flight +hotel plan
How long does it take to get my Germany Schengen visa?
It usually takes about a week. But it depends on how busy the consulate is so it is better to apply for a visa at least one month in advance
How to apply for Germany Schengen visa easily, if you have resided in other cities of India?
- Germany Schengen visa from Chennai
- Germany Schengen visa from Mumbai
- Germany Schengen visa from New Delhi
How to apply for Germany Schengen visa easily, if you reside in the United States?
- Germany Schengen visa from Toronto
- Germany Schengen visa from New York
- Germany Schengen visa from Chicago
- Germany Schengen visa from Los Angeles
- Germany Schengen visa from San Francisco
- Germany Schengen visa from Houston
- Germany Schengen visa from Atlanta
- Germany Schengen visa from Boston
- Germany Schengen visa from Edinburgh
- Germany Schengen visa from Washington DC
How to apply for Germany Schengen visa easily, if you have resided in the United Kingdom?
How to apply for Germany Schengen visa easily, if you have resided in the Manila, Philippines?
What questions might be asked during my interview?
- Who will pay for your visit?
- Are you married? If yes, what does your spouse do? For how long have been married?
- Do you have any children? If yes, how old are they, what do they do and where are they?
- Do you have any close family or friends in the Schengen area.? If yes, when did you meet the last time?
- Where do you stay?
- What is your educational qualification?
- How will you travel from one place to another?
- How do you guarantee me that you will come back?
- Which company do you work for?
- What does your company do?
- What is your profession?
- What is your role in the company?
- How many years of total experience you have?
- For how long are you employed with your current employer?
- For how long were you employed with your previous employer?
- Could you please show me your company profile and tax returns?
- How many employees are there in your company?
- Explain your current project to me.
That is it. Once your interview is over, your visa will be sent to you either through mail along with your passport. That is it. You are now ready to embark on your visa journey.
Why should I take the flight & hotel from you?
Because we are the best in this business. We have been in operation from the past 5 years and in those years we have processed over 100,000 orders such as yours. Here is a screenshot of our sales this month alone
But the interesting part is over 50% of our customers are referred by previous customers
Do I have to purchase the same ticket from you once my visa is approved or can I make my own bookings?
No, Once you get your visa you can make your own bookings and no need to worry about the bookings you make with us. You are free to make your own plans. we will handle all the cancellation charges and you will not need to pay anything extra.
Can I see a sample flight itinerary and hotel bookings
Can I make changes once I place the order?
Yes, 100%. Each purchase on travelvisabookings will be given a minimum of 3 changes. If you have made a mistake in your order or want to change your travel plan, then drop us an email and we will make the changes for you
Can I add more traveler names in my itinerary?
Yes, 100%. For a small fee, you can add your co-travelers names in your plan. Also, as a policy we will add children below 15 years in your order for free !!
How can travelvisabookings.com book a flight ticket without paying for them?
We can pre-book confirmations because we are registered, travel agents. We can pre-book up to 100 flight tickets and hotel reservations a day. We have 5 such offices worldwide. So we have a limit of 500 bookings per day. We more often reach this limit every day. So if you are in a hurry, please book them as soon as you can
Is travelvisabookings a scam?
Well, our competitors would like you to believe so. There has been a lot of propaganda on social media trying to book us as a scam. But we are providing the exact service as them for over 5 years. We would advise them to work with the same enthusiasm on their website to improve it and challenge us with customer support.
Is paying through travelvisabookings secure?
Yes, 100%. We do not save any of your card or Paypal information. All your payments happen on the payment gateway and we get only the payment confirmation. We do not save any of your information on our website except your check out form.
What if my plans get cancelled?
Then you will get a 70% refund from our end.
Know more on Schengen visa application & appointment with our resourceful blogs-
- How to get France Schengen visa in 7 days
- How to get France Germany visa in 7 days
- How to apply for Switzerland Schengen visa
- How to get Italy Schengen visa in 7 days
- How to get Portugal Schengen visa in 7 days
- How to get Travel insurance for Schengen visa
- How to get Netherlands Schengen visa in 7 days
- How to get Schengen visa for US permanent residents
- How to get Portugal Schengen visa in 7 days
- How to get Hungary Schengen visa in 7 days
- Get Schengen visa appointment date in Bangalore
- Get Greece Schengen visa in 7 days
- Get Schengen Visa from Bangalore