Germany is probably one of the most visited places on Earth, and the beautiful places and the German culture are only a few of the places that add up to its beauty.
The image above proves that Germany received more than 2 million visa applications in the year of 2016 alone. Out of this, about 1.85 million were approved. This might seem like a big number of applications that were rejected, and this is because of the 6% visa rejection rate.
Update : It is now mandatory to get COVID Insurance when you travel Abroad. Click the below link to get your COVID Insurance at cost price.
There are certain steps and rules that you need to follow when applying for your Germany Schengen visa at the London consulate. And it is advised that you take each of these steps carefully to avoid getting your visa application rejected.
What are the steps involved in getting a Germany Schengen visa?
- Firstly, you will need to find out whether or not you really need a Schengen visa to visit Germany
- Confirm whether you can apply for this visa at the German consulate in London
- Make an appointment with the German consulate ( Get Germany Schengen visa appointment for $ 10 )
- Arrange all the required documents and attend the interview to start the processing of your application
Want temporary flight, hotel or insurance for your Germany Schengen visa appointment?
Who needs a Germany Schengen visa?
Anyone who doesn’t hold the UK, BOTC, BS, BOC, or BPP passport will need a Germany Schengen visa to enter the country, but this also depends on your nationality. In case Germany mandates a Schengen visa for your country, then you will have to apply for one before visiting Germany.
What if I reside in the UK with a visa?
In case you have not spent more than 3 months in the UK and are residing there as a tourist, you will need to go back to your own country to apply for your German Schengen visa.
Can I apply from the Consulate General of Germany in London?
If you are a legal resident of the UK with a residence permit, then you can apply for your Germany Schengen visa at the German consulate in London. For this, you will also need to be a resident in the red regions of this image.
What if I am visiting other Schengen countries along with Germany?
It is mandatory that the main destination of your travel in Germany, i.e the country that you spend most of your travel time in. Only then can you apply for your Schengen visa at the German consulate. But in case you plan on spending more time in Italy, France, or Belgium, you will need to apply for your Schengen visa from the consulates of either of these countries.
How to apply for an appointment with the German consulate?
The very first thing you need to do is go to the official consulate website of Germany in London.
Once you are here, go to “Consular Services” and click on “Visa Information“. read the instructions given to you on the new page.
Read the instructions given on this page for your information, after which you can click on the appointment booking link given to you on the website to start booking your appointment along with applying for your visa.
On this page, click on “Appointment booking at the Embassy in London“.
Once you are here, click on the VFS Global link to start booking your appointment for a Germany Schengen visa. You will be redirected to a new page.
On this page, scroll down to find a link to “Schedule an Appointment“.
Read the instructions given to you on this page and then click on the “Appointment link” and you will be redirected to a login page.
Click on “New User?” for new registration.
Fill in the form you get and click on “Submit“. After this, follow the instructions given in the upcoming pages to successfully book an appointment with the consulate.
After this, you can fill in your visa application form, in case the appointment booking portal hasn’t already given you this option. Print it out and carry it to your interview on the day of your appointment.
What should I do next for Germany Schengen visa?
After this, you can start arranging all the documents you need for your Germany Schengen visa. The list of all the documents is quite long so arrange them at least a few days before your appointment with the consulate.
- Passport: You will need to give the consulate your original and valid passport. It should have a validity of at least 3 months from the date of your return. Ensure that it also has 2 blank pages for the processing.
- Residence Permit: Your UK Residence permit proves that you are a legal resident of the United Kingdom. It should also have a validity of 3 months from the day of your return.
- Photographs: Carry at least 3 photographs of yourself that follow these photograph guidelines.
- Cover Letter: You will need to give the consulate a cover letter stating your purpose of visiting Germany and also preferably a list of all the documents that you will be submitting to the consulate.
- Flight itinerary: You need to give the consulate the details of your flight bookings as well.
Of course, in fact, all the embassies mention the same. We have added links to the official visa pages which you can verify.
Your travel itinerary : you MUST BOOK your airline ticket but do not purchase until the visa has been approved.
We recommend that you do not purchase travel tickets until your visa has been approved. On the other hand, you may provide us with a reservation, a planned itinerary or an online printout of a roundtrip ticket.
Travel reservation to and from schengen area, not a ticket. Note: Make travel reservation which you can cancel
Flight (roundtrip)/travel reservations and full itinerary (if several Schengen States will be visited or if the trip covers several Schengen States and non-Schengen countries) with the name of passenger and one copy
Round trip ticket/reservation, originating in this jurisdiction to Europe (and ultimately to Italy) and back, including internal entry and exit points of travel i.e. EURORAIL tickets, car rental, internal flights. The names on reservations have to reflect the names on passports.
We can provide you with flight itineraries which is accepted by not only for Schengen visa but for all visas. We have customers using the same flight itinerary for Malaysia visa, Singapore visa, India visa, UK visa etc.
In fact, the European union visa requirements for visa states the same.
As per the official document,
Round trip reservation or itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Schengen state.Schengen authorities accept the itinerary when applying for the visa but request the original air ticket when visa is collected.
That is why we have a 100% visa acceptance rate although some of our customer have been requested to provide “additional documents”, none of their visa has been rejected for providing fake documents.
With 80% of our customers being return customers or companies which process visas for their employees/clients, our approach is the best approach if you want to ensure the safety of your visa.
This is our orders screen for this month. Most of the orders have been placed by repeat customers.
The best part about our service is along with getting a flight reservation without payment, you can also get confirmed hotel bookings, personal cover letter, leave/no objection letter for your visa consulates.
- Hotel reservations: You will also need to prove that you have hotel accommodations in the countries that you are travelling to.
- Travel health insurance: You will need to be able to take care of any expenses incurred in case of a medical emergency during your travel. For which, you will also need travel insurance. This insurance needs to be valid in all the Schengen countries for all the days mentioned in your travel itinerary.
- Financial sustenance: You can provide your credit card and bank statements for this.
- Proof of occupation: For this, you will need to show the embassy your employment letter, or your company registration card in case you are self-employed. If you are retired, carry your pension statements, and if you are still a student, you will need to furnish a letter from your university.
I don’t want to make permanent bookings for my hotels and flights before the approval of my visa. What do I do?
You can make temporary bookings instead. Travel Visa Bookings offers temporary hotel and flight bookings which come to you at highly affordable costs as well. We have fulfilled more than 100000 orders in the past 5 years and can also write you a personalised cover letter for your travel.
What if I am a minor travelling to Germany?
In this case, ensure that you provide a consent letter and photocopies of both your parents’ passports to the consulate on the day of your interview. You will also need to give them your birth certificate. If you are travelling with both your parents, then you only need to furnish your birth certificate.
In case you are travelling with just one parent, you will need a consent letter from your other parent or alternatively a permission letter from the family court.
What are the fees for getting a Germany Schengen visa in London?
The image above gives you prices of different types of visas. But since you’re heading to Germany for a short-stay or to travel, you will need to get yourself a short-stay visa.
The image below gives you a consolidated fee for your Germany Schengen visa, especially if you plan on getting yourself temporary bookings and also a travel health insurance.
Embassy of Germany in London
23 Belgrave Square/ Chesham Place
Tel.: +44 (0)20 7824 1300
Fax: +44 (0)20 7824 1449