Malaysia is a place that calls out the adventurer in you in many ways. But imagine getting your Malaysia visa at no cost and travelling by converting all your visa expenses into your tour bookings? Yes, such miracles do happen and I just made it a reality with Blinkvisa.
You will get 100% cashback on your entire visa fee and with Blinkvisa, use the cashback to book a flight, Hotel, Activities to do in Malaysia all at cost price. The entire headache of getting a visa can be now outsourced to Blinkvisa and you just need to worry about having an amazing trip.
How I got my Malaysia Tourist visa for just INR 1900?
I applied for my Malaysia Tourist visa with blinkvisa.com. I got my visa within 4 hours once I sent them the supporting documents. Click on the below image to know more about Blinkvisa.
Blinkvisa is not only for your Malaysia visa, you can get a whole custom travel plan done for you to make sure you have an amazing trip while also using your cash back that you just got to provide you even more savings when you book your flight and hotel from them (via Expedia) and also gain huge discounts on your activities.
What is Malaysia eVisa (e Visa)?
Simply put, an electronic visa or eVisa is processed through the web. What is advantageous about the visa is that the submission of documents, filing of registration forms, tracking visa status and communication regarding the same, all happen online.
Due to the sheer number of tourists visiting Malaysia at any given time, the government has decided to digitize the process of applying for a visa. The Malaysian government issues a travel authorization in electronic format.
No stamp on passport is required for an e Visa. Now those interested to pay Malaysia a visit can do so by simply filling out an application form online and paying the required application fee.
What is the difference between eNTRI visa and e Visa?
Only Indian and Chinese nationals are eligible for an eNTRI visa whereas for eVisa or e Visa can only be applied by the following countries:
- Port of entry/transit:
Indian tourists can apply for eNTRI visa only if they are entering from Singapore, Thailand or Brunei. If you wish to travel to Malaysia from Dubai, you cannot avail eNTRI visa, you will have to apply for a single entry eVisa.
- Duration of stay:
Using an eNTRI visa, you can stay for 15 days whereas, with a single entry eVisa, you can stay for upto continuous 30 days. The validity is three months. If you do not depart Malaysia after the validity of the visa is over, then you will be charged by the Malaysian authorities and forced to pay fines. It is also possible, that the next time you chose to apply for a Malaysian visa, it will be denied by the Immigration department.
- Processing time:
You get eNTRI visa in just 24 hours because it is more of a document that you take a print out and carry along. eVisa takes about two to seven working days.
Benefits of applying for an e Visa to Malaysia
Application for the Visa Malaysia program is a relatively simple process. It can be done from anywhere with an internet connection. The procedure for online registration is straightforward and communication is quick.
It cuts the long processes as you can apply for a visa directly with the official Malaysia visa website, or through trustworthy agents. It saves the applicants a long drive to visa consulates and puts an end to standing in those never-ending queues.
Also, applying for an e Visa doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket. The visa fee of Indian citizens has been waived off by the Government of Malaysia if they apply for an eNTRI visa of 15 days. Only a processing fee of 20 USD is charged.
Who is eligible for an e Visa?
Given below is the list of countries whose citizens are eligible for e Visa authorization:
- Sri Lanka
Apart from this list, it must be noted that Visa Malaysia is applicable to only tourists and visit visas. Those seeking employment visas, work permits and dependent passes need to apply through the conventional route and cannot apply for an e Visa.
Types of e Visa
The types of visa you can be obtained through online registration are, Electronic Travel Registration and Information (eNTRI) visa, Single Entry e Visa and Multiple Entry e Visa.
All three types of visas are valid for three months from the date of issue. The visas can be obtained after payment of processing fees as explained.
eNTRI visa is an abbreviation for Electronic Travel Registration and Information Visa. It’s an initiative launched by the Malay government to felicitate relationships with China and India. It is available only for the citizens of these two countries.
An eNTRI visa needs to be obtained 48 hours before departure to Malaysia and is a single-entry visa only (a re-application is necessary the next time you visit).
Although a free visa, the Malaysian government charges a convenience and processing fee of INR 1744.
Single Entry Visa
A single entry visa allows you to stay in Malaysia for a 30-day period. This visa is issued to foreign nationals that are looking to visit Malaysia for a social visit. However, this 30-day period is not extendable. A re-application for eVisa must be made after the valid period is over, as the individual cannot enter Malaysia with the same visa again.
Multiple Entry Visa
Multiple entry visas allow an individual to visit Malaysia, without the need for re-application of visa each time. However, the individual can enter the country only between the time period of 30 days and can stay in the country for the same duration. An extension of the 30 days time period is not allowed.
The right way to apply for e Visa Malaysia
With a lot of scam companies duping travellers of their money, it is essential to pick online agents who are trustworthy.
Blinkvisa.com and windowmalaysia.my are two notable sites that are trustworthy and offer the best experience. The site windowmalaysia.my is the official Malay government site for visa bookings, however, the site is prone to frequent crashes and is often slow.
The alternative is blinkvisa.com which offers a safe and simple visa booking experience.
In the next section, we will detail the documents required and the application process for an e Visa to Malaysia – both through a trustworthy agent, we recommend as well as when using the official Government of Malaysia portal.
Documents needed to apply for e Visa Malaysia
The documents needed to before applying for e Visa Malaysia are:
- Colour front page photocopy of passport. Please note that the passport must be valid for 6 months minimum at the time you apply for e Visa.
- A confirmed hotel booking or proof of residence in Malaysia
- Confirmed return tickets back to your home country before visa validity expires.
- Passport size photo in the format approved by the Malaysian government.
- The photo must be before a white background
- It shouldn’t contain any borders and must not be scanned
- No selfies or mobile phone photos, only studio photos are allowed
- No covering of the hair, except for religious reasons
- Face should be visible, and eyes should be open.
Procedure to apply for e Visa through the site Blinkvisa.com
- Go to the website Blinkvisa.com and click on ‘Apply for Malaysia e Visa’. You can also follow this link.
- Fill in your details and select the type of visa that you require. If there is any confusion regarding the selection of a visa, you can contact their agents.
- After the online registration form is submitted the agents will contact you to explain the process of e Visa Malaysia verification.
- Track your visa status and track your online application by staying in regular touch with the agents. You can also choose to receive phone and SMS updates.
- Once the visa is verified and approved, an email will be sent to you regarding the success of the same.
The visa is processed in a 48 hours period. (The 48 hours period does not include weekends and public holidays. The processing period may also be extended due to unforeseen reasons).
How to apply for an e Visa through the site windowmalaysia.my?
- Go to windowmalaysia.my and click on ‘Apply online’.
- Click on the ‘I’m New’ tab. If you wish to review your application or track your visa status, click on ‘Returning User’ instead.
- Fill in the registration form with the correct details as mentioned in your passport.
- If you are applying directly to the government website, without the help of agents, you might be subject to more stringent checks.
The site windowmalaysia.my is the official government website formulated for visa processing. The parameters for submission of documents and filling of the registration forms are, therefore very strict. The processing fee once paid is non-refundable in case the visa is rejected.
There have been many instances where the visa applications have been rejected due to small errors, such as incorrect formatting for photo and spelling errors in the registration form.
It is recommended that you apply through the website blinkvisa.com. For a negligible fee, the agents will apply for the visa on your behalf with careful consideration.
How to verify the status of your e Visa Malaysia application?
- You can verify the status of your e Visa application by following the link given here.
- You will be redirected to a site showing the following image
- Fill in your passport number and sticker number (this can be found on the top right-hand corner of your e Visa application)
- After you have submitted the details, you will be redirected to a site confirming the status of your application.
- If your visa is approved, you will get be able to see your details, with the application and validity status as shown below.
Documents needed at the Malaysian Immigration checkpoint
After you have arrived at the Immigration checkpoint you will be asked to provide the following documents.
- A valid passport
- A print out of your e Visa
- Boarding pass
- Proof of accommodation
- Return tickets to your home country
It is important to note that entry into Malaysia will be provided at the discretion of the Immigration Department. You might be refused entry even with a valid visa.
Frequently Asked Questions on eVisa Malaysia
1. Do I need a visa to visit Malaysia?
Yes. An Indian citizen is required to have a visa before travelling to Malaysia. Visa can be easily obtained by applying for e Visa through blinkvisa.com. However, Visa for expatriation and employment reasons need approval from the Immigration Department of Malaysia and cannot be applied online.
2. How many days do I need to wait to get my tourist Visa?
e Visas for Malaysia are very quick, and will probably reach you after verification and approval, in about 2-4 days. This does not apply if the days are weekends or public holidays. The visa might be delayed due to server errors or other unforeseen issues, but will reach you in no less than a week at the most.
3. How much does a tourist visa cost?
The cost for different e Visa varies for the types of visa you require.
4. Can I apply for a visa on arrival for Malaysia?
Only Indian and Chinese citizens are eligible for visa on arrival in Malaysia. However certain conditions need to be met before the visa on arrival can be approved.
Visa on entry is only allowed if you enter from either Singapore, Thailand or Indonesia. You are obliged to already have a valid tourist visa for either of these countries. Visa on arrival is a single-entry visa. The visa on arrival will be valid for only 7 days and is not extendable.
5. What payment method do I need to use to pay the processing fee for e Visa?
The payment for e Visa application can be made through credit card, Paypal or online banking methods.
6. I’m not able to access the e Visa application page or website?
If you’re using the government site, it is prone to crashing and sluggishness due to traffic. Try applying through blinkvisa.com, a trusted agent for e Visa Malaysia applications.
If you encounter problems trying to access the registration or log-in page, try the following:
- Ensure that you are not using a VPN
- Try accessing the site from a different browser, like Chrome or Firefox.
- Clear your computer’s cookies and cache.
7. Can a minor apply for the e Visa?
In case of a minor, the e Visa application must be filled by a guardian. If the minor is below 12 years old, a Birth Certificate is mandatory to apply for the e Visa.
However, if the minor is travelling alone, a NOC (No Objection Certificate) is necessary from both parents and a copy of both their passports might be necessary.
- Malaysia visa: Comprehensive Handbook
- Malaysia Tourist Visa: Introduction, requirements, and visa application
- Malaysia visa for Indians: The Easy Way
- How to successfully apply for a Malaysia Visa online
- The complete guide on How to get a Malaysia e Visa
- Malaysia visa : How I got my Malaysia tourist visa in 2 days