A country rich in cultural heritage and a prominent centre for business and commerce, Malaysia attracts an impressive number of tourists and businessmen every year. This small south-east Asian country has a big personality and shares many similarities with India, making it a country that every Indian must visit. This article is a guide to applying for a Malaysia visa for Indians who wish to visit this beautiful country.
The Malaysia visa for Indians is not free! The Government has only taken down the visa fee of Malaysia eNTRI visa. Tourists still have to continue paying the convenience and processing charges as usual.
How I got my Malaysia Tourist visa for just INR 1900?
I applied for my Malaysia Tourist visa with blinkvisa.com. I got my visa within 4 hours once I sent them the supporting documents. Click on the below image to know more about Blinkvisa.
Blinkvisa is not only for your Malaysia visa, you can get a whole custom travel plan done for you to make sure you have an amazing trip while also using your cashback that you just got to provide you even more savings when you book your flight and hotel from them and also gain huge discounts on your activities.
Do Indians need Malaysia visa?
Yes, Indians should avail a visa to enter Malaysia. As already mentioned, the visa to Malaysia is not free and every Indian citizen must pay the fee of at least INR 1744 for getting a visa. With the eVisa and eNTRI facility, getting a Malaysia visa for Indians have become secure and easier. All they have to do is to log on to Blinkvisa and they can get the visa in just four hours!
Why opt for Blinkvisa?
- A genuine and reliable website that has been catering to the needs of global and Indian applicants for a Malaysia visa.
- You only need to pay an initial payment of INR 500 and the balance only after your visa has been approved.
- We do not ask for any hidden charges.
- We also accept photos taken from a phone which our experts will modify as per the visa specifications
- You get your visa faster and secure within a short span of 4 hours.
- We also enable 100% cashback on your visa fee!
Types of Malaysia visa for Indians:
Malaysia eNTRI visa:
Malaysia eNTRI visa is a registration note and is the easiest among all online visas. If you are in a hurry and you are travelling directly from India and returning back to India itself, and your total duration of travel is 15 days, then we recommend you get this visa. When you apply with Blinkvisa, you get the eNTRI visa in just 4 to 5 hours if all the documents you submit are accurate.
You are REQUIRED to have a direct flight ticket from India to Malaysia OR have a direct flight ticket from India to Malaysia via Singapore/Thailand/Brunei to avail this visa.
Malaysia Single Entry Visa:
This type of Malaysia visa for Indians allows you to enter Malaysia only once. This visa is valid for up to 3 months(90 days) since the date of issue. You can stay in the country for only 30 days. With a processing time of 3-4 days, Indians who plan for a trip more than 15 days, can avail this type of a visa.
Malaysia Multiple Entry Visa:
This type of Malaysia visa for Indians allows you to enter Malaysia multiple times within 30 days. You can stay in the country for only 30 days. An extension will not be granted on this type of visa. Although, you can enter the country multiple times after you leave. This visa is valid for up to 3 months(90 days) since the date of issue.
1-year Multiple Entry Visa:
If you wish to have a trip of more than a year to Malaysia then you can apply for Multiple entry visa for 1 year. This type of visa. Being a stamped visa, one needs to submit their passport as part of the requirement to get their visa.
Malaysia eVisa over Visa On Arrival For Indians:
Indians can apply for Malaysia Visa On Arrival which is given only for a period of 7 days. However, the advantages of applying for a Malaysia visa online is always better than a visa directly from the airport.
- Saves your money and time: Malaysia visa on arrival will cost you about USD 100, whereas if you apply for a Malaysia visa online, it will cost you less than half of what you would pay for a Malaysia visa on arrival.
- No longer waiting periods: Get your Malaysia visa for Indians almost instantaneously by applying online. Ideal for Indians who need a Malaysia visa on short notice, applying for it online is a saving grace. Offering a processing time of only 2-3 days, the online Malaysia visa is perfect for people who need to travel to Malaysia immediately.
- Hassle-free option: No one likes long queues and long waiting periods. Take our word for it when we say that lines to apply for a Malaysian visa at the airport and the consulate are long. Applying for your Malaysia visa online cuts out all the tiresome work for you and offers the help of reliable agents to do it for you.
Malaysia Visa Fees For Indians:
The fee for Malaysia visa depends on the kind of tourist or business visa you apply. While the eNTRI visa can be availed at INR 1744, the Single entry and Multiple entries can be availed at INR 2990 and INR 3190. Apart from our agency charges, 18% GST is also included in our total cost.
Here is a consolidated cost break-up table for your easy reference:
The Total Cost of the visa is credited back to you as Blinkcash, which can be utilised for your flights, hotels and tour activity bookings! This feature is exclusively given only by Blinkvisa.
Steps to Apply For Malaysia Visa For Indians
When we apply through any other agent, they might charge a huge amount as part of their agency fee and in the end not get the visa in hand! Blinkvisa will not only help in visa processing but also intimating you on the right documents will explain to you the step-by-step process of applying for a Malaysia tourist visa for Indians through an agent.
We will show you the process using the reliable blinkvisa.com
- Visit www.blinkvisa.com or fill this Malaysia visa application form.
- Choose the visa option that suits you best. If you are not sure which Malaysia visa is right for your requirements, fret not! Their agent will get in touch with you and suggest you the right visa for your needs.
- Fill in all your details.
One of their agents will get in touch with you once you fill in the application form to explain the process to you. You are not expected to make any payments until you receive a mail confirming your application from them.
Only after you receive this mail, you have to make a small payment of only 10% of the visa fee, contrary to other websites and agents.
Follow the status of your application by staying in touch with their agent. You can follow the progress of your Malaysia visa through SMS updates you receive on your phone. You will be notified through a confirmation mail once your Malaysia visa is verified and receives a stamp of approval.
How to apply for an online Malaysian visa for Indians through windowmalaysia.my?
When you apply for a Malaysia visa through the government portal, you are permitted only a single eNTRI visa per account. In case you need more eNTRI visas, you will have to create that number of accounts for every Malaysia visa application.
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for a Malaysia visa for Indians on windowmalaysia.my:
- Open the windowmalaysia.my website.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button
- Create a new account by clicking on the “I Am New” Tab
- Fill in the form carefully as shown in the images depicted below:
Important Documents for Malaysia visa for Indians
Here is a summary of all the documents needed to get Malaysia visa for Indians:
- A scanned copy of the first page of your valid passport. Make sure it is clear and readable. We recommend a copy of the front and back of your passport too
- A recent passport size photo of yourself which fulfills the requirements shown in the image below. When you book for your Malaysia visa for Indians through blinkvisa.com, their agent will make modifications according to the online application requirements.
- Make sure you have confirmed return tickets to India.
- Documentation of proof that you have a place to stay during your stay in Malaysia. You can make these bookings through the agent.
New guidelines have been introduced that have made Malaysian authorities very strict about the photos provided while applying for a Malaysia. Blinkvisa they will modify your picture to the specifications needed while applying for a Malaysia visa for Indians.
If you choose to apply for your Malaysia visa by yourself take extra care to ensure that the specifications are met. If the specifications are not met while applying for the Malaysia visa online, there is a strong chance that your application may be rejected. You may even be called for a visa interview at any of the Malaysian embassies in India.
How to Verifying the Status of Your Visa Online?
You can check the status of your Malaysian visa for Indians online without any hassle on the official Malaysian visa page.
- Enter your valid passport number in the box provided
- Enter your sticker number in the second field. The sticker number can be found on the header of your online visa.
- Make sure you enter all your particulars correctly. If you do so, you will be able to see a message on the website and will be able to track your Malaysian visa application.
FAQs on Malaysia Visa For Indians
1. I am an Indian travelling to Malaysia. Can I apply for Malaysia visa when I arrive in Malaysia?
Malaysia visa for on arrival is issued only in specific circumstances, such as if the individual is visiting from Singapore and Thailand and if the individual holds a valid visa for the respective countries and have confirmed return tickets to India.
2. Should I reapply for Malaysia eVisa if my departure date changes and a new date is within three months?
Yes. You will need to re-apply a new Malaysia eVISA since the approved visa issuance date by the Department of Immigration Malaysia to enter Malaysia is valid for 3 months only.
3. How much does a Malaysia visa for Indians cost?
4. What are the types of Malaysia visas available for Indians?
The Malaysian Government issues three types of visas:
- Single entry visa: This is issued to those who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for a social visit.
- Multiple entry visa: This is issued to tourists who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for official matters.
- Transit visa: This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia on transit to other countries.
5. Does your Malaysia visa guarantee your entry into Malaysia?
Your Malaysia visa in no way guarantees your entry into Malaysia. The authority to make the final call resides solely in the hands of the Immigration Office at the entry post.
6. How long before I can visit Malaysia again after using an eNTRI Malaysia visa for Indians?
After your eNTRI expires, you will have to wait for 3 months before applying again.
7. Can Indians travel to Malaysia without a Malaysia visa?
No, this is impossible. All Indian citizens need to have a valid Malaysia visa for Indians to be permitted to travel to Malaysia.
8. I am a student who wishes to go to Malaysia to study. What is the student pass? How can I apply for it?
Malaysian institutes take the responsibility of issuing the student pass, on the students’ behalf. So all you need to do is make sure you get a visa approval letter (VAL) from the institute. The student pass is issued by Malaysia’s immigration department.
9. As a student who has obtained a Malaysia visa under the Student Pass category is it necessary to provide a VDR approval letter?
Yes. It is important that you submit the VDR approval letter along with other documents.