When I planned my travel to the wonderful land of Malaysia, the questions about visa had me hesitant about submitting my application but when I realised that I can literally apply for a Malaysia visa online at the comfort of my home, I was excited about my trip! Because being a standard-bearer for all its neighbours, Malaysia remains a country to be visited at least once in your lifetime. To receive a Malaysia visa, you have two options, you can either get your Malaysia visa online or you can get a Malaysia visa on arrival.
How I got my Malaysia Tourist visa for just INR 1900?
I applied for my Malaysia Tourist visa with blinkvisa.com. I got my visa within 4 hours once I sent them the supporting documents. Click on the below image to know more about Blinkvisa.
Blinkvisa is not only for your Malaysia visa, you can get a whole custom travel plan done for you to make sure you have an amazing trip while also using your cashback that you just got to provide you even more savings when you book your flight and hotel from them (via Expedia) and also gain huge discounts on your activities.
Is Malaysia Visa Really Free?
Now we all have read enough about the article on India Today that was circulating stating the free visa information. Spoiler Alert! The answer is No. Earlier, Malaysian embassy was charging extra ₹1000 for Malaysia eNTRI visa . So the visa fee was ₹2800. But from July 2018, this fee was removed for Malaysia eNTRI visa only.
If you are applying for Malaysia 15 days Single Entry eVISA (SEV) or Malaysia 30 days Multiple Entry eVISA (MEV), the charges still are applicable along with applicable taxes.
I have verified the same with WindowMalaysia and you are free to do so yourself.
The only way to get your Malaysia visa for free is with Blinkvisa when you apply you get a cashback with them. You can use the cash back to book flight, hotel & activities to get awesome discounts.
What makes a Malaysia visa online better than a Malaysia visa on arrival?
- Cost-effective: The cost involved in procuring a Malaysia visa online is less than half of the cost involved in getting a visa on arrival. The average cost of getting a visa on arrival is around USD100. The cost of procuring one from the consulate is also the same.
- Available almost immediately: If you need to leave on short notice, say less than a week, a Malaysia visa online is just the thing you need. The processing time for a Malaysia visa online is only 2-3 days and so is perfect for people who need it immediately.
- Less bureaucracy: Applying for a visa and then waiting to go to the consulate or waiting in a queue at the airport are certainly not the most favourable conditions for anyone. Applying for Malaysia Visa online is very simple and can be done without the tiresome process usually involved in getting a visa. Also, if you wish, our trusted agents will care of it for you, just click on this link and they will handle it for you.
How do I become eligible for a Malaysia Visa Online?
You can easily apply for a Malaysia Visa online from just about anywhere in the world. The only exceptions to this being applying from Malaysia and Singapore. Further, it is only the citizens of the following countries who are eligible for a Malaysia Visa Online.
- Sri Lanka
Types of online Malaysia visas
Based on your requirements, you can apply for any of the three types of Malaysia Visas online. The different Malaysia Visas that are available online are listed below:
- Malaysia eNTRI visa
- 30 days single entry visa
- 30 days multiple entry visas
The table below explains the different types of Malaysia visas for Indians and their fees:
What Is Malaysia eNTRI visa?
Electronic Travel Registration & Information or eNTRI is a recently started online registration facility provided by the Government of Malaysia specifically for Indian citizens travelling into Malaysia under the Visa Waiver Programme. An eNTRI Note will be issued to you as proof of your registration and is required to be presented upon your arrival in Malaysia. You are allowed to stay for a maximum of 15 days with this online visa in Malaysia whether you’re visiting for tourism or business purposes.
What Is Malaysia 30 days single entry eVISA?
This type of visa allows you to enter Malaysia for a single time within a 30 calendar day period. This type of visa allows you to stay for a maximum of 30 calendar days once you have entered Malaysia. You will not be allowed to extend the visa duration after you have entered the Malaysian port of entry, and nor can you enter Malaysia again after you have departed the country using the approval under the 30 days single entry eVISA application.
What Is Malaysia 30 days multiple entry eVISA?
As the name suggests, this type of visa allows you to enter Malaysia multiple times within a 30 day calendar day period. This type of visa also allows you to stay for a maximum of 30 calendar days once you have entered Malaysia. The visa duration, however, cannot be extended once you have entered Malaysia, however, you can re-enter Malaysia multiple times after you have departed the country – but all these re-entries have to be within the 30 calendar day period of the original 30 days multiple entry eVISA approvals!
Applying for Malaysia Visa Online through an agent
Now that we have dealt with the preliminaries of Malaysia visa. We will now tell you how to apply for your Malaysia visa online. For convenience, we recommend that you apply for your Malaysia visa online through an agent. As our recommended agent, we will show you how to apply through blinkvisa.com.
Step 1: Visit our website for Malaysia Visa from India. Fill the basic details and click on Get Visa to ‘Buy Malaysia visa for INR 1818‘ that you see on Malaysia Visa Page.
Step 2: On the Malaysia visa page you can click on apply for the visa. It is okay if you choose the incorrect ‘visa type‘ now. We will call you later to help you choose the right one.
Step 3: Scroll down to find the Malaysia visa form. Fill this correctly. Our expert will call you and help you with your doubts.
Step 4: Now you will have to make a payment INR 500 to initiate the Malaysia visa process.
The rest amount can be paid once your visa is approved.
The second option is applying via the Malaysian official website.
Tracking the status of your Malaysia Visa online application is easy by staying in touch with the agent who supports you in this process. SMS via phone will be sent to you regarding how your Malaysia Visa online application is progressing. The moment your Malaysia visa online application is verified and receives the stamp of approval, you will be sent an email confirming the success of your Malaysia Visa online application process!
How to not fall for fraudulent agents?
Since the dawn of the internet, many agents have come up whose sole interests lay in conning people out of their money. When I was searching for Malaysia Visa online, I came across an ample amount of websites that claimed themselves as genuine travel agents and “processors”. It is quite easy to be fooled by them, it is almost impossible to differentiate them from the real thing. It’s only after the payment and document submission, they vanish into thin air without giving a visa!
Why I trusted Blinkvisa?
A trustworthy agent will only charge you between 10% and 25% of the total charges of securing the Malaysia visa online.
Based on our research, we only suggest the following sources when you apply for a Malaysia Visa Online:
- blinkvisa.com: A trusted and well-known agent. They have been efficiently handling requests relating to Malaysia visa online for a few years now.
- windowmalaysia.my: The official website of the Malaysian Government to get a Malaysia visa online. This website while the official is prone to frequent crashes and bugs.
Applying for Malaysia Visa Online via windowmalaysia.my
If you choose to apply for your Malaysia Visa online via the government portal, do remember that you are allowed only a single eNTRI visa per account. What if you need multiple eNTRI visas then? Well, you will need to go through the process of creating a similar number of accounts for the Malaysia Visa online application. Follow the steps below for a clear and concise understanding of how this Malaysia Visa online application works via windowmalaysia.my
- 1:Visit windowmalaysia.my
- 2: Click on the “Apply Online” button
- 3: Create a new account by clicking on the “I Am New” Tab
- 4: Fill in the form carefully as shown in the images depicted below.
Documents required for getting a Malaysia Visa Online
The documents needed for a Malaysia visa online are listed below:
- A scanned copy of the first page of your passport (primarily the first page, but we advise a copy of the front and back as well)
- A recent passport size photo (If you are booking through blinkvisa.com, the agent will modify it as per the Malaysia visa online application needs)
- Confirmed return flight ticket back to your home country (blinkvisa.com can help you in temporary bookings that solve this issue)
- Documented proof of hotel bookings for your duration of stay in Malaysia (blinkvisa.com can also take care of this on your behalf to simplify the overall Malaysia Visa online application process)
As per the new guidelines enforced in recent years, the Government of Malaysia has toughened its stance when it comes to identifying applicants through their photographs. When sending the application via our Malaysia visa agent, we only had to send them a standard picture taken on an iPhone with a white background. Thereafter, the agent fixed the picture to suit the strict requirements for Malaysia visa online.
If you intend to apply for the Malaysia Visa online by yourself without using the help of any agent, you have to be doubly careful that your photo that you use for the application process meets the strict guidelines as in the image above. Extra safeguards are mandatory, as your Malaysia visa online application can be easily rejected based on the strict visa documentation requirements. There is also a distinct possibility that you may be invited for a visa interview at any of the Malaysian embassies present in Delhi, Mumbai or Chennai.
Our agent responded to us with this image which details in brief about the list of documents that are required to be submitted when making an application for a Malaysia visa online.
These prices are not mandated by us, they are open to revision at any given point of time. Government of Malaysia mandates any or all changes to the pricing.
How to verify the status of Malaysia visa online?
Checking on the status of your Malaysia visa online is easily done by using the official Malaysian visa website. Click on the following link to verify the status of your Malaysia visa online.
- Enter your passport number in the box saying passport number
- In the second field, enter your sticker number. The sticker number can be retrieved from the header of your online visa.
- Enter your Malaysia Online Visa sticker number from your visa.
If the information you have entered is correct, then you will see a message on the website with all the details of your Malaysia visa online application. This is a confirmed approval of your Malaysia visa online application, and you are good to go!
FAQs on Malaysia Visa Online
We are sure that after reading all the information above, you may still have a few unanswered questions in your mind. The following section deals with a few questions that we have thought of that might be useful to get answered.
1. I have arrived at the immigration counter in Malaysia. What happens next?
On your arrival in Malaysia, you will be told to provide your Malaysia online visa at the immigration counter. The immigration officers may also question you regarding the details of your stay, your purpose and proposed itinerary in Malaysia. You may also be asked to provide your return tickets and a copy of your hotel bookings to prove your answers. All your application documents for your Malaysia Visa online will also be double checked for accuracy and possible misinformation.
2. Am I eligible to apply for a Malaysia Visa Online?
As we have detailed above, only people from a few countries are allowed to apply for a Malaysia Visa online. See below for the list of approved countries.
3. Is there a problem if I overstay my approved visa itinerary in Malaysia?
As per the visa regulations, the maximum allowed stay in Malaysia is 30 calendar days. If you have overstayed this period, the local authorities will subject you to an administrative fine. You may also be slapped with a denial of entry the next time you apply for a visa to visit Malaysia, citing this very cause.
4. I want to extend my Malaysia Online visa after I arrive in Malaysia. Can this be done?
This is entirely impossible to do. Your visa for the right number of days of stay has to be applied for and approved before you arrive in Malaysia on the same visa.
5. My departure dates have changed but the new dates are within 3 months of the visa issuance date. Do I need to reapply to correct this change of departure dates?
This is thankfully not required. The Department of Immigration of Malaysia does not mandate you to follow this if the revised departure dates fall within 3 months of the approved visa issuance date.
6. How much do I have to pay to secure a Malaysia Online Visa?
This entirely depends on the kind of Malaysian online visa you are applying for. They are:
- Malaysia 30 days single entry e visa – Rs. 3580 (inclusive of GST)
- Malaysia 30 days multiple entry eVisa – Rs. 3780 (inclusive of GST)
- Malaysia eNTRI visa – Rs. 1980 (inclusive of GST)
The following is a detailed chart of the cost of Malaysia visa online from our trusted agent, which we can attest to is much more economical than other websites or agents which we enquired around for a Malaysia Visa Online.
There will be a small reduction of fees of about INR 500 less when you apply with Window Malaysia for your Malaysia Visa online.
7. I just received my Malaysia Online visa and some of the information is incorrect! What are my next steps?
This is unfortunate. You are required to make a fresh application for a new Malaysia Visa online with the corrected data as per your travel documentation.
8. What is the duration of validity of my Malaysia Online visa?
The validity of the Malaysia online visa is for 90 days or 3 months. This applies for each visit to Malaysia. And during every such visit to Malaysia, you are allowed to stay for a maximum of 30 calendar days. Every single application has a single-use window and therefore no extension is permitted.
9. Can I get my Malaysia visa on arrival?
Yes, of course, this is possible! Malaysia is a very tourist-friendly country offers the visa on arrival for a majority of tourists. The average cost of a Malaysia visa on arrival is around USD100.
10. Do I need to print out and carry my Malaysia online visa when I travel?
Your Malaysia online visa on approval will be sent to you in an A4 size printable format. Make sure you carry a printout of this Malaysia online visa approval before you get on your flight for Malaysia. This is very important and it is your responsibility to present a clear printout of your visa approval when you arrive at the Malaysian immigration counters.
11. What documents do I need to carry with me when I arrive at Malaysian immigration?
You have to mandatorily carry with you the following documents which are to be presented upon arrival in Malaysia:
- A clear printout of your Malaysia online visa approval
- Proof of monetary funds to cover your expenses during your stay and travel in Malaysia.
- A confirmed return flight ticket to your home country
- Proof of your accommodation for a stay in Malaysia during the period of your approved itinerary.
Related Articles to Malaysia Visa
Malaysia visa: How I got my Malaysia tourist visa in 2 days
How to Apply for an online Malaysia e-visa from Bangalore, India?
Malaysia eNTRI visa for Indians
How to Apply for an online Malaysia e-visa from Bangalore