Indians have often shared a major chunk of tourists visiting Malaysia.Being the 6th largest contributor to the tourism of Malaysia with over 600,000 visitors every year. Indian tourists visiting Malaysia can now rejoice in the fact that Malaysian government has waived off visa fee for Indians !! . This is in effect from April 1st 2017 and will continue to be till March 31th 2018 until further review is notified.
Earlier Indian citizens who visit Malaysia for tourism could procure their Malaysia eVisa online within 2 days by paying Malaysia visa fees(Rs 1000) and online processing fee of $20 (INR 1300 approx),will now only be paying the processing fee under the eNTRI scheme.
Although it is an excellent news for travellers, it would have been even more of a sweet deal if we could get some discount on the processing fee as well. These steps are appreciated and will in turn help the UNESCO World Heritage sites in Malaysia .
The requirements for Malaysia visa does not change though and will remain the same as it was for Malaysia eVisa earlier.
With that we are pleased to announce that we have extended our visa processing to include Malaysia eVisa as well as Malaysia eNTRI visa to our customers.
What is the difference between Malaysia eNTRI visa and Malaysia eVisa for Indians ?
At the outset both eNTRI and e visa for Malaysia are same. But the only distinction between then is that Malaysia e visa allows you to stay upto 30 days where as Malaysia eNTRI allows one to stay in Malaysia for a maximum duration of 15 days only.
So if you intend to stay for more than 15 days or even unsure of your plan to return early then it is better you apply for eVisa rather than eNTRI for your visa purpose.
What are the requirements for Malaysia eNTRI visa and Malaysia eVisa for Indians ?
The requirements for Malaysia eVisa and Malaysia eNTRI is the same .
- You need passport with validity of at least 6 months and at least 2 empty pages for both exit and entry stamps.
- You need a soft copy of your photo as per the below specifications image must be of png or jpeg format. The size of passport size photo for Malaysia eNTRI visa cannot be larger than 2 MB
- Confirmed flight booking with dates entering and exiting Malaysia(if you are applying for Malaysia visa through us, then we will arrange this document for you) . This document needs to be pdf format.
- Confirmed proof of accommodation for the entire duration of stay (if you are applying for Malaysia visa through us, then we will arrange this document for you). This document must be presented in pdf format.
For a complete information of all the requirement for Malaysia evisa/eNTRI visit our malaysia eVisa
How can I enter Malaysia using eNTRI note ?
You can enter Malaysia in the following ways :
1. Applicants must enter Malaysia by a direct Flight from India to Malaysia or may enter Malaysia via Singapore, Thailand and Brunei
2. Applicant can enter By land via Johar, Perlis & Sarawak.
3. Applicant also must have a return flight ticket to India, Singapore, Thailand or Brunei.
For how long is the Malaysia eVisa/Malaysia eNTRI note valid for ?
After your visa has been approved, it will stay valid for the next 3 months, you can visit Malaysia at any time within the next 3 months. But once you enter Malaysia, if you are using Malaysia eVisa to enter Malaysia for tourism purpose, then you can stay in Malaysia for at most 30 days, after that you can exit Malaysia and return to India or continue your trip to Thailand or Singapore or any other country.
If you are planning to enter Malaysia using eNTRI note, then you can stay in Malaysia for 15 days only.
What is the procedure at the immigration when I enter Malaysia using Malaysia eVisa/eNTRI note ?
The process is fairly straight forward as any other visa verification. We suggest you have a copy of you Malaysia visa stapled to your passport.The immigration officer will put a seal on your document. At the immigration counter, you may be asked to present the following documents
- eNTRI printout
- Boarding pass
- Sufficient funds (Cash/ Travellers Cheque / Debit or Credit Cards) to cover expenses during your stay at Malaysia
- Confirmed returned flight tickets
- Proof of accommodation
Once all is well, you will be allowed to enter into Malaysia.
When you exit Malaysia, you will be again asked to present your Malaysia eVisa (which was approved when you entered Malaysia) . Then an exit stamp will be hit and you are allowed to exit Malaysia.