Algerian citizens, even after being the 6th largest Schengen visa applicant with over 700,000 applications had one of the highest rejection rates of 26.5% which is the highest among the top 30 citizens applying from other countries . In comparison, war torn Syrians have a rejection rate of 29.6%, just 3% more than algerian passport holders.
And comparing this to Schengen visa requirement of buying a flight and hotel bookings in advance makes this a risky and expensive prospect if the visa is rejected. Read on till the end of the article to reduce, or even eliminate the prospect of losing your money altogether. if your visa has been rejected.
What is Schengen visa (Uniform Schengen visa) for Algerian passport holders ?
Schengen visa is a special kind of visa which allows you to travel among all the Schengen countries for a period of upto 90 days. You can apply for Schengen visa in any of the 25 schengen countries or apply at local vfs center. VFS centers are present in almost all major metros. VFS has separate counters for all the Schengen countries.The counter in which you need to apply depends on your answer for the below question :
- Which country will be your main destination of travel ?
For instance, if you plan to visit France for 5 days, Germany for 2 days and 1 day of Spain, then you will need to submit at the French embassy or at the French counter in VFS.
- Where you will be spending most of your days in the trip ?
- Which country is your first point of entry into Europe ? Your flight/ship first lands here.
Your answer for the above question is where you will need to apply for your Schengen visa. But with a Schengen visa you are ,Of course allowed to move freely among other Schengen countries.
What is Schengen visa fees for Algeria citizens ?
If you are applying with vfs, then there is a processing fee about 2450 Algerian Dinar that you will need to pay with VFS and this amount needs to be payed in cash and in Algerian Dinar.
Which is the best country to apply for Schengen visa for Algerians ?
We have helped over 50,000 applicants for Schengen visa so far, Most of our customers unanimously agree that German counter is the easiest to apply for Schengen visa among all countries.In fact, if you are applying for tourist visa in German counter at VFS,you don’t even have to attend for the interview at the German consulate.
Compare that with Belgian or France where you will need to provide Biometric scans, other additional documents and the need to attend an interview. Germany is the recommended consul to apply for Schengen visa.
What are the foremost steps to consider while applying for Schengen visa?
Confirm that your citizenship needs you to get a Schengen visa. Many countries can visit Europe without a visa.
Book an online visa appointment for your Switzerland Schengen visa? ( Get Schengen visa appointment for $ 10 )
Do you have all your original documents for the consulate to examine during your visa application process?
Make sure to be present at the consulate on your confirmed visa appointment date to get your Schengen visa processed.
Documents required for Schengen visa for Algeria Application
- Duly filled Schengen visa application form .This needs to be filled in blue ink and signed by the applicant.Make sure that you have filled the visa application with all the required information. After you have filled the visa application, make sure you make a copy of the application which will be helpful for you to revise when you go for your visa interview. You can download the Schengen visa application from here.
Update : You can now fill the entire Schengen visa application online and take a print out if it . See our blog post on how to fill your Schengen visa application online. No need to run around for a pen, no need to worry about typos.
- Passport with at least two blank pages and valid for at least three months from the visa application date is mandatory. If you have an old passport, then even that needs to be submitted along with the application.
- If you are a minor then the application must be filled and signed by both the parents along with photo copies of parent’s passports.
- Two photographs as per the spec mentioned by photo specification for visa application.
- Personal Covering letter from the applicant, explaining in detail the purpose of the visit.This needs to explain in detail your entire travel itinerary, all the documents that you have submitted in order addressing the Embassy in your area.
- A medical insurance with a minimum cover of €30,000.There are ofcourse, many websites online which can provide you with an insurance. But keep in mind that these companies are insurance agents and it is in their interest to sell you the most expensive insurance . See our article to get the best travel insurance for Schengen visa requirement.
- A confirmed Flight itinerary or reservation for Schengen visa Flight itinerary is a safer way of submitting a visa application without buying an actual flight ticket which can prove to be expensive if your visa is refused.
Proof of accommodation such as hotel bookings We would not suggest you to make your hotel reservations before your visa is approved. We have seen many customers who make all the bookings thinking they can cancel them once they get their visa only for the visa process to be delayed resulting in huge cancellation fees.Want temporary flight, hotel or insurance for your Schengen visa appointment ?
- If you are planning to travel to any other country other than your main country, Then you need to have flight itineraries for each and every city in your plan. You can read everything about flight itinerary for visa application here.
- Hotel booking , hostel reservations for Schengen visa, Or any other country that you are planning to stay. So you will need to make all the hotel bookings and reservations before you leave. Again you can use an online travel agent to make hotel reservations for visa applications for you without you having to swipe your card. This may not seem important but when you factor in all the currency conversions, filling up each and every form and HUGE cancellation fee if you can’t make it to one place then it is always reasonable to get it done through online agents. An added benefit is most of the travel agents charge you about $50 for the entire trip and not for each and every booking, which is a bargain when you factor in currency conversion charges. Read our post about hotel booking for visa here.
- Original bank statements of the applicant for last three months, with the original stamp and signature of authorized signatory of the bank (Online Bank statements are not acceptable).This is a mandatory statement.
- If your parents are sponsoring your trip,then you will need to show their bank statements along with a letter stating that they are sponsoring your entire trip and sign on all then bank statements.
If you are employed:
- Employment contract or your latest 4 months salary slips.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from employer . You can download a sample of it from our website.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
If you are self-employed:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
Now that you have all the required documents in place and having submitted it with VFS, it’s time to prepare for your interview. The interview could be brief or could be elaborate based on your application. You may at anytime be asked to produce additional documents so keep them ready. The interviewers have boring jobs so make their jobs easier. Dress decently and be confident. I suggest you split all your relevant documents into following :
- Passport and personal IDs such as PAN card, marriage certificates.
- Employment related documents such as salary , proof of employment.
- Tickets, itineraries, travel insurance and travel related documents.
This makes it easier for you to produce them when asked and not fiddle with your contents.
As mentioned above, while attending for your visa interview please revise all the documents that you have submitted. There will be questions asked about them.
Some of the questions that your interviewer may ask you during your visa application:
- Who will pay for your visit?
- Are you married? If yes, what does your spouse do? For how long have been married?
- Do you have any children? If yes, how old are they, what do they do and where are they?
- Do you have any close family or friends in the Schengen area.? If yes, when did you meet the last time?
- Where do you stay?
- What is your educational qualification?
- How will you travel from one place to another?
- How do you guarantee me that you will come back?
- Which company do you work for?
- What does your company do?
- What is your profession?
- What is your role in the company?
- How many years of total experience you have?
- For how long are you employed with your current employer?
- For how long were you employed with your previous employer?
- Could you please show me your company profile and tax returns?
- How many employees are there in your company?
- Explain your current project to me.
That is it. Once your interview is over, your visa will be sent to you either through mail along with your passport . That is it .You are now ready to embark on your visa journey.