- Joined the New Alliance in 2012
- Development partner lead: United States of America
- Ghana Agriculture Sector Investment Plan
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 16 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $35 million in private sector commitments [7 LOIs reporting]
- $56 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [9 LOIs reporting]
- 168,000 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [10 LOIs reporting]
- 1,825 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [6 LOIs reporting]
- $215 million in development partner commitments disbursed (77% of expected) [6 out of 8 partners reporting]
- 33% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 67% are in progress
Download Ghana’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.
29% of population lives below $1.25 a day3.4% value agriculture adds to growth rate The Republic of Ghana joined the New Alliance in 2012 and has committed to policy actions in the areas of business enabling environment, inputs, land, and policy institutions.