- Joined the New Alliance in 2013
- Development partner lead: European Union
- The Agriculture Sector Wide Approach: Malawi’s prioritised and harmonised Agricultural Development Agenda
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 26 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $177 million in private sector commitments [19 LOIs reporting]
- $31 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [9 LOIs reporting]
- 156,000 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [8 LOIs reporting]
- 2,750 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [5 LOIs reporting]
- $121 million in development partner commitments disbursed (82% of expected) [8 out of 9 partners reporting]
- 11% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 89% are in progress
Download Malawi’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.
62% of population lives below $1.25 a day3.5% value agriculture adds to growth rate The Republic of Malawi joined the New Alliance in 2013 and has committed to policy actions in the areas of business enabling environment, inputs, land and water, nutrition, policy institutions, resilience and risk management, trade and markets.
How to get Flight itinerary to the new Alliance Summit ?
You can get your flight itinerary for visa using flightgen app. This will allow you to get flight itinerary which can then be used in your visa processing.