Incredible India – and truly so as the country has a lot to offer to a wide range of travel enthusiasts. The list goes on with many reasons to visit this diverse country that epitomizes integrity. Whether to experience the rich culture from a local’s perspective or to partake the Indian essence that exudes in its many places, cuisines, and more, India is the place to be. However, if you are from an India e-visa eligible country, you can apply for an India e-visa to enter the country. We have summed up the popular types of India eVisa or eTA along with India visa requirements and fee.
An Overview of India Visa
Typically, the visa requirements are majorly classified as that of India paper visa (traditional visa) and India eVisa (eTA.) In this blog, however, we will discuss the India evisa requirements.
Types of India eVisa
There are five main types of Indian e-visa. They are;
- Tourist eVisa
- Business eVisa
- Medical eVisa
- Medical attendant eVisa
- Conference eVisa
Brief on India tourist e-visa
Basically, this visa is used for tourism purpose. Nevertheless, the applicant may use it for recreational visits, or to visit friends/relatives residing in India. Thus, tourist eVisa serves multiple purposes.
However, based on the duration of your stay period, they are further classified as follows;
- 30 days tourist e-visa
- 1-year tourist e-visa
- 5-years tourist e-visa
Brief on India business e-visa
As the name suggests, it is used for attending business meetings, trade fairs, symposiums, conferences, to name a few. Moreover, it is also applicable to foreigners travelling to India for delivering lectures as a part of the Global Initiative for Academic Networks or GIAN. Typically, it is also granted to specialists or individuals having expertise related to any of the on-going projects of India-based companies.
Brief on India medical e-visa
Typically, it is granted to applicants visiting India for medical treatment only. Needless to say, it is granted only upon submission of a medical report issued by the Indian hospital the applicant is getting treated at.
Brief on India medical attendant e-visa
It entitles you a stay period of 60 days. It is a triple entry type visa, meaning you can enter the country thrice. Nevertheless, a tourist visa is a convenient alternative to this visa.
Brief on India conference e-visa
It is a single-entry type visa enabling a stay period of 30 days only. One may apply for this visa only if the organizers of the conference have uploaded the details and documents on conference.mha.gov.in
India Visa Requirements an Overview
The following are the mandatory requirements that are a common requirement for all the major types of e-visa. It consists of a colour-scanned copy of the first and last pages of your passport and a passport-sized digital photograph.
Note: The passport must have a validity of at least 6 months from the time of arrival. Digital copy of a passport-sized photo taken against a white background with no frames.
The common requirements remain the same for all types of e-visa. However, the additional requirements vary based on the purposes served.
- Business card if applicable
- Permission or leave sanction letter issued by the applicant’s current employer/company
- An invitation letter from the India-based company stating the purpose and duration of visit
For foreigners visiting to deliver lectures under the GIAN initiative
- An invitation issued by the host university
- For foreign faculty: a copy of the sanction order under GIAN if applicable
- A copy of the synopsis of the course taken up by the faculty
Medical and medical attendant e-visa
- The applicant must produce proof of diagnosis or medical history issued by an Indian hospital
- Copy of a letter issued by the Indian hospital on its official letterhead stating the tentative dates of admission
Note: Medical attendant e-visa is only granted to two immediate family members of the medical e-visa applicant.
The requirements of the medical attendant visa is the same as a tourist visa
- An invitation from the organizer
- Political clearance from Ministry of External Affairs
- Clearance for the even from the Ministry of Home Affairs
India visa photo requirements
- The photograph must be in JPEG format of size: minimum 10 KB and maximum 1 MB
- The height and width of the photo must be equal
- Avoid wearing spectacles
- The photo must be without borders or frames
- It must be taken against a white background
- The photo must cover your full face – top of head to the bottom of the chin
Now, that you know what the requirements are, here’s is how you apply for your Indian e-visa;
There are two ways; you may choose to apply on the Indian government’s site which may crash every other second. To avoid these hassles, you can leave it all to us. Earlier, we stated that we apply for your e-visa on your behalf. All you have to do is furnish the common documents and we will ensure you receive your approved visa delivered to your email. It is as simple as that.
Step-by-step application process
- Visit Indiavisainfo.com
- Fill in the basic details like your name, type of visa, number of visa applicants, etc.
- Pay the initial fee of $3 only
- We will process your e-visa
- Pay the remaining e-visa fee on receiving the India e-visa application confirmation email
India eVisa FAQs
1. What is the India e-visa fee?
Find the India eVisa Cost details below,
|Indian Visa Types||India Visa Fee||Visa Validity|
|e-Tourist Visa 30 Days||$25||30 Days – Double Entry|
|e-Tourist Visa 1 Year||$40||365 Days – Multiple Entry|
|e-Business Visa||$100||365 Days – Multiple Entry|
|e-Conference Visa||$100||30 Days – Single Entry|
|e-Medical Visa||$100||60 Days – Triple Entry|
|e-Medical Attendant Visa||$100||60 Days – Triple Entry|
Note: Banks charge an additional 2.5% of the above amount as their service charge.
2. Is there an India visa on arrival?
Presently India visa on arrival is granted to only Japan, South Korea, and UAE residents. However, it is conditional for UAE residents where they must have already availed an Indian e-visa or paper visa before.
3. Is my India visa fee refundable?
The fee is non-refundable.
4. What is a business card for business e-visa?
Also known as a visiting card, it provides details such as your name, designation, contact information, and your company address. If you do not have one, you can also furnish the same stated on your company letterhead. Ensure it is duly signed by the authoritative person and bears the company seal.