To know how you can get your Schengen visa in 7 days, see our blog section for the appropriate country
Flight itinerary is a safer way of submitting a visa application without buying an actual flight ticket which is expensive if your visa is refused. In fact the European union visa requirements for visa states the same.
As per the official document,
Round trip reservation or itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Schengen state. Some Schengen authorities accept the itinerary when applying for the visa but request the original airticket when visa is collected.
Flight itinerary for visa application can be a very simple or difficult piece of document to procure in your pursuit of a visa. If the travel agents around you are still using the old booking system for flight ticket then you can ask them to make a flight reservation, take a printout and submit it as the air ticket for your visa application.
But if the travel agent in your locale have moved onto the new booking system where only flight ticket bookings are possible then read till the end of the article where we show you how you can get your flight ticket for visa application
What does flight itinerary visa application mean ?
A flight itinerary is the proposed route of an airline information such as flight name, departure/arrival timings along with dates, your flight code, departure/arrival airport IATA codes(Ex: FRA, BLR, SFC) and your flight reservation/booking numbers. A flight ticket is just a meta-description of your flight .
Here is how a condensed flight booking for Schengen visa information looks like. Note that below is not the application that you need to submit.
This is a simple roundtrip flight itinerary for visa application. Though this alone is not useful since you also need to have an itinerary number for a flight itinerary for visa.
Here is a sample flight itinerary that is from a travel agent using an old GDS system such as Amaedus. This flight itinerary is sufficient to get your visa .
Flight itinerary & flight booking for visa application.What is the difference ?
A flight itinerary is just a schedule of a flight that describes their plans for that day such as departure/arrival timings and information about the airport along with aircraft number. This is not that different from a flyer that you get in the movie theatres which explains movie timings.
A flight booking is an actual ticket .You would pay the full price for the ticket and if you want to cancel the ticket in case your visa application is rejected, you would lose the entire price that you paid for the ticket. Here is what the Dutch embassy says about the reservation.
Copy of the roundtrip airline reservation with Passenger Registration Number (or reservation number) and travel itinerary. The reservation should prove that the stay in the Schengen area does not exceed 90 days. It is recommended not to buy the ticket until the visa is granted. – Dutch Embassy.
Do you need to book a flight before applying for visa ?
No .You don’t need to book a flight ticket before you apply for a visa . We see this question asked often such as on stackexchange flight itinerary or on Quora section for flight itinerary when applying for visa application . The visa consulates also realise that the rejection rates for visa applications are remarkably high (Denmark at one point of time had only 35% acceptance rate).
It is not wise to expect visa applicants to actually buy the flight ticket and risk losing hundreds or in some cases thousands of dollars if the visa application is rejected. Then why do visa consulates ask for flight itinerary and reservations :
- To establish that you do have flights from your city to your destination.
- To validate your flight itinerary against your travel itinerary that you have submitted. If you have mentioned that you will be holidaying in France but your itinerary says Germany. Then something is fishy.
- When you apply for Schengen visa, then you must apply in the visa consulate of a country in which you would spend the most time in.
Ex : if you are holidaying for 20 days and plan to stay in France for 15 days . Then you should apply for your visa in the French consulate. But if you are spending 10 days in France and 10 days in Germany, then you will need to apply in that consulate where you would be landing first.
So to reiterate, please book your travel ticket once your visa application has been confirmed.
Here is another link which explains why it is not a good idea to get an air ticket before your visa has been approved.
How to get a flight booking for Schengen visa or make a flight reservation confirmation without buying an actual flight ticket ?
You have two options :
- Find a local travel agent who uses the old travel booking system where flight booking is a two step process ,where the first step is a reservation and the next step is booking.This usually comes at a price somewhere between $30 to $60 since the agent makes a commission only when he buys the ticket for you.
- Use our services of course !! When you buy a flight itinerary from our website you get the below benefits on top of getting the flight itinerary at the cheapest price possible since we have our own Amaedus system.
- Personal cover letter (travel itinerary for visa )
- leave/no objection letter (Needed to be signed by your employer saying he is ok with you travelling)
- Hotel bookings (proof of accommodation)
- Help in filling out the visa application with a free sample and tips on filling out your visa application online
With a guaranteed delivery of all your documents within the same day you buy our package, you are just a couple of steps away from submitting your application. See all our visa application packages and choose the right one for you.
If you want to get your flight itineraries today with free express delivery (within next 3 hours) , then our checkout form and with your requirements and we will take care of it for you.
Related Articles :