Although India in en-route becoming a developed nation the current level of health care offered is in par with most of the American and European nations. It is of no wonder that people around the world prefer flying down to India to get their medical needs attended to.
Update : It is now mandatory to get COVID Insurance when you travel Abroad. Click the below link to get your COVID Insurance at cost price.
To begin with, cost of healthcare in India is extremely cheap when compared to that of the United States of America, this is often why there’s been a rapid growth in the number of Americans coming to India for treatment. The situation is likewise for people from Middle Eastern and African nations as well.
The Indian Government offer Medical visas for citizens from other countries who are ailing from a medical condition and would like have it treated in India. Medical treatment in India is much sought after since there is top notch talent, world class facilities and the cost is far cheaper than elsewhere. Having said that, not all ailments or conditions qualify for Medical Visa.
Who Can Apply For Indian Medical Visa?
A medical Visa is issued for patients seeking medical treatment in reputed,specialized hospitals or treatment centers in India. The foremost requisite to be eligible for a medical visa is that the hospital/treatment center you wish to seek medical treatment has to be approved by The Government of India. Up to two blood relatives are allowed to accompany the patient and their Visas are different from that of the patients. They have to apply for a Medical Attended Visa (MED X), which has the same validity as that of the patient’s.
- Applicant(patient) must have recommendations or references for specialized treatment on the basis of Preliminary medical checkup and treatment from the Medical experts of origin/residence country. This can be obtained from the hospital that the applicant(patient) got treated in origin/residence country. Official documents of recommendation from the Doctors there has to be obtained.
- The treatment should be significant in nature not all ailments qualify for a Medical Visa.
- Not more than two attends shall be issued a Visa and they both need to be blood relatives of the applicant(patient)
So an applicant holding a valid passport from their country and who has a medical condition clinically reported and acknowledged by a reputed Medical institution can apply for a Medical visa in India.
What medical conditions are eligible for an Indian Visa?
The treatment should be significant in nature, such as:
- Heart surgery
- Organ transplant
- Joint replacement
- Gene therapy
- Plastic surgery
- Renal problems
- Congenital disorders
- Patients seeking Ayurveda treatment.
Documents Required For Medical Visa To India
- Passport with 6 month validity
- Recent Passport size photographs
- Photo copy of passport
- Copy of online Visa application form
- Proof of Residential Address
- Recommendation from home country doctor to visit particular specialized medical center for treatment
- Medical documents of the treatments that are done
- Passport copy of attendant (for Attendant visas)
- Proof of relationship with attendant (for Attendant visas)