- Joined the New Alliance in 2013
- Development partner lead: Canada
- Senegal National Agricultural Investment Plan 2011-2015 (French)
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 36 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $353 million in private sector commitments [36 LOIs reporting]
- $126 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [29 LOIs reporting]
- 67,773 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [26 LOIs reporting]
- 1,990 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [29 LOIs reporting]
- $111 million in development partner commitments disbursed (46% of expected) [5 out of 7 partners reporting]
- 0% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 100% are in progress
Download Senegal’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.
30% of population lives below $1.25 a day2.6% value agriculture adds to growth rate The Republic of Senegal joined the New Alliance in 2013 and has committed to policy actions in the areas of business enabling environment, inputs, nutrition, land and resource rights.