- Joined the New Alliance in 2012
- Development partner lead: European Union
- CAADP Country Compact
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 21 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $680 million in private sector commitments [16 LOIs reporting]
- $108 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [12 LOIs reporting]
- 467,454 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [10 LOIs reporting]
- 1,842 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [7 LOIs reporting]
- $4 million in development partner commitments disbursed (14% of expected) [4 out of 5 partners reporting]
- 18% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 73% are in progress
Download Côte d’Ivoire’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.
24% of population lives below $1.25 a day1% value agriculture adds to growth rate The Republic of Côte d’Ivoire joined the New Alliance in 2012 and has committed to policy actions in the areas of business enabling environment, inputs, land, nutrition, policy institutions, and trade and markets.